I have been busy over the past week and got a quilt top done and some blocks put together. The quilt top is Curvalishish. I bought it at Quilt Beginnings in Columbus, OH when we went for the NQA show 2 years ago. When I opened it a few months ago, I discovered that there wasn't enough fabric for a border, so I took the pattern and fabric back with me a few weeks ago and found another one that is close enough to work. This will be a nice fall quilt once I get it quilted and bound (let's hope I get it done by the time fall arrives!). I was really nervous about sewing curves, because I have never done them before, but it worked really well and I had a good time doing it. I think there will be more curves in my future. The quilt really is rectangular, but I had to take the picture from the landing upstairs, so it looks really wonky!
I also did a quick start-to-finish yesterday, and made two blocks for my bee-mate Kay. She is putting together a 30's basket quilt, so I assembled my blocks at my mom's while the kids slept.
I was hoping to get a quilt on the HQ tonight, but I am pretty tired, so I think I will go to sleep soon and try to get one on tomorrow. I got my micro handles installed, so I am ready to try some new patterns and see how they go. I'll be working on a top my mom put together as part of a group retreat a few years ago. Can't wait to see how it turns out!