A Good Excuse to do Nothing

Tonight, I am doing nothing but watching some tv. I had an eye doctor's appointment today - the first in 10 years! - and my eyes are still dilated, so I can't quilt, cross-stitch, compute (much) or read tonight...it is driving me a little crazy.

The good news from the eye doctor is that I show no signs of retinal detachment/degeneration which runs in my family (my dad and brother have both had surgery for it) and the doctor said I was highly unlikely to ever get it. That is really good news. On the flip side, I did get a prescription for glasses...I learned that my night vision problems that I've been having for the last few months is some farsightedness, so I will be off later this week to pick out some frames and get glasses. I will only need to wear them when doing detail work (I know, that doesn't make sense to me) like quilting, cross-stitch, reading, or computing, so that should make up most of the day!

If you have any advice on how to pick out frames, please let me know!

Comments

Linda said…
I'd say that's overall good news! Frames today are so stylish and the right technician will be able to help you pick out something that is perfect for your face and prescription. I always go to Lens Crafters, not only because that's where my insurance plan leads me, but because they are very good at what they do. Have fun with it, knowing you'll be beautiful with or without glasses!
Gina said…
I've worn glasses for years and my advise would be trust the technician, they know what frames suit what style of face. You will know when you find the right frames for you.

Love and hugs gina xxx
Oh OH...wish I was there to help you pick out frames! I say get the biggest ones! And...make em glow in the dark ones! Ok..maybe not...darn it. I wore glasses for 35 years then had lasix! Now, I just need reading glasses. Not so bad! The people at the eye places usually are a great help with choosing frames. Let them help you, but don't insult them first...giggle!
Michele said…
PICKING FRAMES
(by Michele, who's been doing this for over 40 years now and has new glasses right now!)
1. Wander around and look at everything.
2. Try on what you think you might like.
3. Accumulate a "maybe" pile
4. Sit down and try them all again, putting then in "likes most" to "likes least" order
5. Ask the optician if the frames work - having a fashionable friend (or in my case, teenage daughter) along can also help.
piecesofpatti said…
The technicians are very helpful. I usually pick out several that I like and then do a process of elimination with the techs help. So far it has worked out fine. Good luck, happy frame hunting!
Don't go with your eyes dilated!! The first time, try on as many as you need to until you feel like you have a shape that fits your facial structure.

Oh, I just saw that this is from weeks ago and you probably already have a pair. If not, just take your time!