Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Lots more once we got to Cincinnati....stay tuned!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
The orange and green batiks will become stuffed turtles for a baby gift and maybe a Christmas gift. The pink on the right will be the backing for an Easter table runner, and the Air Force fabric will be the backing for a quilt of valor for my nephew who is in Iraq until this summer. The only two impulse purchases were the orangey-red fabric in the upper left and the green with flowers on the left. Not much left of either one, but I am sure I will find some way to use them in the future!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
This is the front.
And this is the back!
My second finish is my Mystery Quilt re-do. I've been blogging about this one for a while, and just needed binding to finish it off. I went to the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show in Bloomington last weekend and looked and looked for the right binding to no avail. Finally, at the very last booth, I found a 1/2 yard of Aqua blue that was perfect. I think it really caps it off well. This will become a baby quilt later this spring, if I can bear to part with it!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
P.S. I can't tell you how exciting this all is for a girl who grew up in the middle of a large city where squirrels and cockroaches were the only wildlife in the area!
Monday, March 9, 2009
One of which contained directions for assembly in German....
Friday, March 6, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Here's what I got done in my 20.5 hours this month:
- Bound red, white, and blue quilt (a friend is hand stitching it down in exchange for me quilting a quilt for her)
- Pieced and quilted my Mystery Quilt re-do
- Pieced Jingle Jolly table runner
- Completed and gifted Edison's baby blanket
- 1 spring Wedgie placemat
I also made some good progress on my fat quarter UFO, but it is not done yet....5 more rows to go and I am keeping it out to keep working on it!
Goals for this month:
- Get another quilt on the frame and done
- Start prepping for retreat by cutting projects into kits
- Keep trying to catch up with baby quilts
- Learn how to do Hand Applique by Machine at Beth Ferrier's class for our guild later this month.
- Get binding and labels on the Mystery quilt re-do to finish it up.