It's okay to call it ugly

Friday, I took a fantastic workshop from Beth Ferrier - Hand Applique by Machine. It was a very good class for several reasons - 1) she is a great teacher and very funny, 2) I learned a new technique, and 3) I had an almost finished project by the end of the day, and with only an additional hour of sewing, I have the top for a small quilt completed!

My theory after taking a few classes is that I make lots of mistakes when learning a new technique, so I don't take my favorite fabric with me...I figure if I enjoy the technique, then I will try it again, and hopefully be a little better at it.

So, having said all that, I took some fabric to the class that I am not crazy about. I bought it online and the colors in the catalog didn't match what I got in the mail. So, it is a little primitive (and if you've been reading this for any length of time, you probably know that I work mostly in brights). It won't hurt my feelings at all if this doesn't ring your chime...because it doesn't ring mine either! My plan is to finish it as a small quilt and donate it to the guild for our small quilt auction at the guild show in October.

The most exciting part about this though is that now I feel like I have some level of skill to begin on several other patterns I have bought/received that require applique! Now it is about to get fun!!!

Comments

I think it looks good! Great job! You will have to teach the rest of us at retreat!