Saturday, February 28, 2009
Anyway, today I was in dire need of fusible interfacing so I went to the one place where I knew I could get the weight I needed. I got what I needed, and used my 40% off coupon. In the course of the last 6 weeks or so, I have been more supportive of my local quilt shops for small notions, and I enjoy going to them much more than the big box, so although my official boycott is over, I will still be thinking twice about how much of my money goes there vs. my local shops.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Sorry that the colors/detail aren't great on these pictures...I will take better ones when they've been quilted.
Monday, February 2, 2009
- Valentines Wall Quilt - pieced, quilted on HQ16, bound, and hung in the living room!
- 2 Cat blocks for Barbara
- 2 State blocks for Mom, winner of the monthly Quilting in Indiana block lottery
- 2 Dog blocks (I had to balance out the cat blocks)...what I will do with these is yet to be determined! Oh, and they still need eyes...am going to raid mom's button jar later this week.
- 2 Thangles Buck-a-Blocks (didn't take a picture of these...you'll see them all someday when I have a set of 12)
- Dog bed for Humane Society donation
- Hand sewed hanging sleeve on Do You See What I See (ok, just realized I haven't even taken a picture of it and it is too dark now to get a good picture, so will post that soon.)
I also went on one small shop hop with my mom to Ady's and Shiisa and spent very little. Got some backing fabric at Ady's and a couple FQs and a book at Shiisa. Had a great day that day tooling around the state with mom and the kids. Oh, and I posted 10 times this month on my blog, which is more than I've ever done in a month. I am trying to post more often so that it doesn't seem so daunting to update it when I finally get around to it! We'll see how that goes this month.
Goals for February are going to be light. I want a little freedom to work on things that inspire me this month.
- Finish a UFO - haven't decided which one, but would like to get one of them taken care of.
- Blocks for bee and Quilters in Indiana lottery
- Catch up on baby presents - three to complete and more babies due this month! I'd like to get at least the three that are already here their presents.
I also have a couple friends who are bringing me quilts for the HQ16 so that I can practice on them. I am going to stay with meandering or loops, but hope that I can get some time on the HQ this month too.