2 Days, 2 Tops

I have been a busy little beaver the last few days. After recovering from a bout with strep throat, I was anxious to get into my sewing room. On Sunday, I got the binding on my red, white, and blue quilt. A friend is going to hand sew it for me in exchange for quilting on a turning twenty for her. I think it is a great deal! After that, I got to work on finishing the blocks for my Mystery Quilt re-do. I finished all the blocks and didn't know how to set them since I had 16 blocks, but odd numbers of each colorway. I took them to our bee work day on Monday and my bee-mates got them set perfectly. I got the top put together and I am so pleased with how it turned out. This has been a UFO for over a year, so I am glad to make progress on it and am now excited to figure out how to quilt it. I already have the backing for it, so I just need to get that ready to go.


After I finished that, I started on a table runner. I bought the charm pack a couple years ago and didn't quite know what I wanted to make with it. I later found this pattern on the web and thought it was great for this charm pack, well, because, that's the charm pack she used and I could steal mercilessly! I cut out all the pieces one day a while ago and I must say that was one of my best decisions ever. I loved just being able to start piecing. I got all the pieces put together last night, left the layout on my cutting table overnight, and finished it up tonight. This will be a fun one to have on the table this December. I don't quite know how to quilt it - easiest would be to meander all over it or do some loops, but if you have any other ideas, please do share...I am up for a challenge on this one to expand my skills a little more.

Sorry that the colors/detail aren't great on these pictures...I will take better ones when they've been quilted.

Don't know what I will start on tomorrow....

Comments

Christine said…
I love the table runner. Just wanted to say Hi. I found your blog through Jen and noticed you're in Indy. I'm not too far away in Hendricks County.