The highlights of this year were:
- From a family perspective, our trip to New Mexico. It was great to visit a new place any take the kids on an adventure. They still talk about parts of the trip and the fun of flying and staying in hotels with pools!
- From a quilting perspective, several things...
- Attending the St. Jude's retreat in April and meeting some great women, visiting new quilt shops, and sewing uninterrupted all weekend.
- Participating in a fantastic quilting bee where I have friends who help me practice my longarm skills, and give me lots of advice (both quilting and life advice).
- Learning and loving my HQ16. A year ago, I was really intimidated by the machine and was easing my way into using it. Now, I love the challenge of it and try new things all the time and I am having a blast.
- And, from a blogging perspective, it has been so great to "meet" so many new people online. I can't imagine my days without your stories to read and thank you for all the comments you leave me.
Quilts finished this year (means that it was quilted, bound, ready for use) - 15
Items Quilted on my HQ16 = 17
Tops pieced this year (not yet quilted) - 5
Misc. Quilting projects - 3 Blankets, 2 placemats, 2 fabric books, 4 purses, 1 table runner, 7 Pink Penguin bags and many individual blocks and other one time projects for myself or others.
Cross stitch projects - 4
Total number of hours sewing for the year = 305
Avg. number of sewing hours per month = 25.5
Wow! What a year! I can't wait to see what next year brings!