Content Little Kitten


I have been meaning for a while to provide an update on our new kitten. She spent the first three days in our basement, only venturing out in the evenings when all was quiet. She and Little Bear (our border collie mutt mix) have had a few "conversations," and now I think Mittens has clearly communicated that she has taken over the role of Alpha animal in the house.


She still spends a good part of her day in the basement or up in our bedroom and has found several cozy spots to sleep in. In the evenings, when the kids are in bed, she comes out as crazy kitty! She jumps at our legs when we walk, plays with her mice, and has been scaling a quilt I have on the wall (although she has been reprimanded for this one!). She will also play a bit with Jenna with a ribbon or a piece of yarn, but prefers to play when there is less excitement in the room!

Comments

She's so precious!! I'm glad that she is bonding with Little Bear and especially with Jenna!! I bet Jenna is so happy!!
Linda said…
Thanks for the update. I love the idea that Mittens and Jenna will grow up together. My boys have very happy memories of our cat Chessie, who lived to be 19. He came home with us when Darren was 5 and Philip was 2. We also had our dog, Daisy. It was a happy household, and I know that yours is, too!
Gina said…
She's gorgeous. I'm not surprised that she's declared herself boss of the house.

Love and hugs Gina xxx
CatQuilter said…
Cats rule! There's nothing sweeter than a beautiful little girl with her kitten.

Got your pay it forward package and L-O-V-E the quilted bag. Thanks ever so much for thinking of me. I look foward to having a pay it forward event on my blog after the first of the year.

I hope you and your lovely family have a Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2010!
Hugs,
Cathy
She is adorable. I guess we all have gotten new additions to the family. Keith and I got a new kitty before Thanksgiving unfortunately one of my previous kitties does not like the new one.. :-(