One and 7/8


Finally got my first UFO done today - whew - now I am really in this thing! This is the quilt top that I made from Beth Ferrier's class when she visited our guild earlier this year. I loved the "Hand Applique by Machine" concept and had a good time finishing this quilt top. It will go to my guild for our small quilt auction at our quilt show later this year. I machine quilted it on my 6600 and am pretty pleased with the result - I used Bottom Line in the bobbin and I loved, loved, loved it - it was like butter and was so easy to work with. Isacord in the top, which was also really nice to work with.

The 7/8 is Sara's quilt. I worked today on sewing down the binding and was really excited to get to the last few inches, when I realized that I still have to sew down the hanging sleeve...ugh. So, it is really almost done and I'll sew down the hanging sleeve by the end of the quilt guild meeting on Thursday when we have show and tell! Pictures coming when I get it done done, the back is pieced too!

Comments

Moneik said…
Congrats on your first finish!
Gina said…
Great wallhanging

love and hugs Gina xxx
piecesofpatti said…
Good job and very pretty!
Linda said…
It really looks fantastic, Jennifer! Congratulations.
Unknown said…
Fabulous!!!!