2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Accomplishments for March, April, and May 2015

I fell off the wagon a bit on recording my finished projects, but I really like having the ability to go back at the end of the year to see everything that's done. So, here goes....

In March, I had a great retreat, so finished several things and started some new ones too. I worked on quilting projects a total of 43 1/2 hours, 27 of those at retreat.
- Made a quilt top from a kit - The Caroler
- Made Fossil Fern Kaleidoscope (I might still add borders, but just in case I don't, I am counting this as finished now)
- Made "Watcha Got" bag, which is now holding my embroidery
- Made Zippy Strippy bag, another kit
- Made Minkee baby blanket, the third kit that I finished at retreat
- Quilted Loralei's blue, purple, and yellow batik quilt
- Made green string blocks (see the picture below of them with April's string blocks)
In my stitching, I finished:
- Lizzie Kate Reindeer (a stitching kit)
 - Let There be Peace (a project 18 months in the making, on and off, and yes, another kit!)

In April, I spent a fair amount of time most weekends getting some quilting done. I spent 14 hours cutting, piecing, and quilting, and here's what I finished: 
- Bound my friend Melissa's quilt (this quilt - I didn't take another picture of it with the binding on - it is the same red fabric as the outer border)
- Stitched some pillows for a work friend that her daughter made for her for Christmas (but used fabric glue on...)
- Zippy bag summer purse 

- Yellow/gold string blocks (with the green ones from March)
- 2 headbands for my daughter
- Quilted, made binding, and attached binding (to be ready for hand sewing) to Merry & Bright (another kit!)
- Made back for my Easy Street quilt
- Cut over 55 yards of fabric from my stash for our guild quilt show mystery bags (you can see some of what I cut in stash reports from April and May.

I didn't finish any stitching projects in April as I started working on one of my larger kits in mid-March and April was dedicated to moving it forward. 

In May, I had 16 hours of sewing time. Here are the items I got finished: 
- Finished hunter's star quilt top (I have worked on this at my bee work day each month and vowed not to put it away until the top was done!)
- Quilted Barbara's star quilt
- Made a tote bag for a bunco prize
- Cut, pieced, made a back for, loaded and started quilting a quilt for Jenna's teacher
- Made another tote bag for our neighbor, with fabric left over from something his grandmother made him (or at least the fabric came from her; I added the red for the reverse of the bag)

No stitching finished in May either as I continued to work on the big project....I did get to backstitching by the end of the month, so it should be a finish for June!

So, that gets me current to this week.  I am continuing to work on teacher gifts and hope to have some finishes there and a stitching finish to share soon! 

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've been busy. I really like that Hunter's Star quilt. Very pretty.