Today I am going to show you the projects of mine that went up on the design wall during my recent retreat with my bee. I pulled several projects and then threw in a few more just before I left. I worked on all but one project and I am really happy with all I got done.
The first night, I pulled out a kit from a Mary Englebreit panel and got the small top put together pretty quickly. The kit came with backing and batting, so I made the binding before I put it away to come home. I hope to get this one on the frame soon and will find a good spot to hang in this year during the holidays.
Next up was the muslin foundation kaleidoscope quilt. I had a few problems in placing he fabric correctly so did a lot more un-sewing than sewing on the first night. I stuck to it the next morning and finally go the top finished in the late afternoon. I have four more smaller blocks for cornerstones, so I am going to make them up and see if I like them or if I want to finish it off as is. All the fabrics in this quilt are fossil ferns and I am really pleased with how they look together. (by the time I took this picture the design walls were full, so you can see my toes on the design floor)
Once I had those two tops done, it was time to make some bags! First up is the Watcha Got? bag from This and That. It is made with vinyl and I love how it turned out. I used Decor Bond for the fusible and it is the perfect weight. I will be using this as a project bag...just don't know if it will be for crochet, stitching, or quilting!
After that, it was time to knock out another kit - the Zippy Strippy bag from Terry Atkinson. She writes the best directions and I love making up her patterns. I am really pleased with the end result and also glad to have another kit finished! I also have some new fabric lined up to make another soon!
The last finished project from retreat is this baby blanket - yet another kit! It has Minkee as the center and binding and the yellow fabric and backing are flannel, so it is super cozy. This one will be ready for the new baby that is due in our extended family later this year.
So, those are all the finished projects! I also started two more and made some good progress - and hope to have more to show on them in the next few weeks.