Stash Report - Weeks 18-21, 2015

The stash reports seem to come few and far between these days, because I have been spending far more time stitching than quilting.  

I have continued on cutting fabrics to donate to our guild show mystery bags which really helps the stash report!  I now have just over half of the bins completed but I have lost steam.  I think that's okay given that I have cut over 80 yards of fabric.  I have emptied one full bin and have moved my stash into the other free space that I've wound up with in almost every bin.  It has also been helpful to go through all the fabric to remind me what I have :) 

In addition to the fat quarters, I did use a little fabric to cut some tote bags - one of which was for the bunco group prize when I hosted the game earlier this  month. The other one is still under construction. 
Bunco prize - one hour tote bag
I did add a little fabric last week, as four of us went over to Cincinnati for the day to pick up some special orders at the cross stitch shop (Keepsakes).  I left three projects for framing, and picked up one new stitching kit, a couple quilt patterns, and some fabric to make them.  I don't feel bad about bringing the fabric in given all that I've been moving out! 

Fabric added last four weeks: 3 yards
Fabric used last four weeks: 25 3/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 6 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 105 yards

Net fabric used this year: 98 5/8 yards

My daughter and I started on a teacher gift today so I should break the 100 yard mark in the next two weeks!  Even though most of it is fabric I've given to the guild, it feels refreshing to know that I have cleared out so much so far this year! 

Hope you're enjoying your own stash - whether it is fabric, cross-stitch, or movies :) 

Comments

Congrats on your great stash movement. Sometimes you just have to clear out the old to refresh your mind and make room for something more inspiring.
Kate said…
Wow, that's a lot of stash going out the door. Even if it's donated, it makes room in your existing stash for new fun stuff. Congrats on your stash numbers.