Stash Report - Week 22, 2015

Just over a week ago, my daughter had the great idea to make her teacher a quilt as her teacher gift. As this has been her favorite teacher and she's had her twice, I thought that was a reasonable request. I pulled some patterns and fabric and Jenna picked out the ones she liked. We decided on black and gold as her teacher is a graduate of Purdue. 
It's hard to cut into a pretty Sweet Treat! 
She worked well with me last Sunday to press all the fabric and snip the chain piecing apart while I made the blocks...but her interest waned after that. I got all the blocks made by Friday and finished the quilt top yesterday.  I made the back and loaded it onto my frame yesterday, so it is ready for quilting.  We still have a week left, as the last day of school isn't until June 9. 
Background choice #1
Background choice #2
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 6 1/2 yards

Fabric added year to date: 6 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 111 1/2 yards

Net fabric used: 105 1/8 yards
Lap size quilt top finished!
I guess I better get going now on the gifts for our bus driver and my son's teacher...

Comments

Moneik said…
Great quilt! I'm sure she will love it.