This line came out before mom started working for Terri, so I actually bought this kit (since then I have received several cuts/FQs for free, which is a great bonus!). It sat and sat until I declared the year of the kits. I put the top together on my Singer Featherweight earlier this year.
I decided this one needed a custom quilting job. I started with curlicues in the outer border, inspired by the fabric, and then added them to the inner border too. It was pretty tight in a few places, so I was glad for my microhandles, which help handle tight spots by giving more control.
|Microhandles in action|
|Close-up of cross hatching and borders|
|Detail and texture on the back|
|Ready for trimming and binding|