Quilt #2 2015 Loralei's Batik

I have a bunch of catching up to do here on the blog, so I might as well start back in March; I don't think I've posted much aside from stash reports since then.  

I started March with Loralei's quilt on my frame. I am not sure why it took me so long to finish this one, but in the midst of it I finished 3 or 4 cross stitch projects and also went to retreat.  Once I finally got going on it, I finished it right up.  

Loralei gave me quilter's choice on this one (she pretty much always does!) and I debated a while before deciding on a panto for it.  When I pulled out my pantos, I found one that really complimented the quilt.  It is called Tickle, and I've used it before on batik quilts!
Closeup of the panto and beautiful batiks! 
I used Superior Rainbows thread on the top and it worked very well - there was a little shredding, but not too bad if I just remembered to slow down. It also helps when you remember to change the needle :) 

The bee checking it out
Ah, the joy of the final row! 

Comments