Over the last two weeks, I have continued to work on going through my stash and pulling out the stuff i don't love to cut up into fat quarters for our guild show mystery bags. All I can say at this point is that the bags are going to have some very interesting fabrics in them - some people will love and some they will just say "Hmmm" to. Here's the latest - my spoils from last night, when I worked through two bins of black floral/black and white/grey and one bin of green.
I really thought that I would pull out much less by the time I got to the color bins, but I am finding lots of good gems in there too, so that makes the stash report really sing!
In addition to that, I have used a little stash for projects over the past two weeks - a binding and some headbands for my daughter. For the headbands, I use Dana's tutorial at Old Red Barn and it works really well. I also use this pattern for myself and use my headband at yoga.
I also made a quilt back for one of my UFOs. I have another quilt loaded onto the frame right now, but plan to get to this one next. I want to have it finished in time for our guild show this fall.
Here's the final accounting:
Fabric added last two weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 34 yards (29 for the donation fat quarters)
Fabric added year to date: 3 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 79 5/8 yards
Net fabric used: 76 1/4 yards
Hope you're getting in time to work on some fun projects! I'll be headed down to the basement later today to work on something...wherever the wind takes me!