March 2014 Recap

I was a very grumpy quilter on the 1st of March, when I thought that my retreat would be cancelled due to a 6-10" snowstorm.  Luckily, the snow didn't come as expected and our group was able to get it together to head to our retreat. It was a great start for the month of March.  I capped off the month with a sewing day at a local quilt shop, and continued to make progress on one of the projects started at retreat. Even though I didn't finish all four of my goals for the month, I am happy with what I did get finished. 

Here are my March accomplishments from 34 1/4 hours of quilting: 
- Tulip basket
- Steering Wheel cover
- Added and hand stitched binding to Oriental French Braid 
Pretty blue binding
- 2 mini charm pack table runners
- Disappearing pinwheel blocks, which turned into a partially pieced top by the end of the month
- Quilted a top for my friend Barbara
- Made a back for and quilted Jenna's Catvent quilt
- Quilted a top for my friend Kathy
- Finished a small spring cross stitch project (I still need to attach the button and then I will share a picture)

It was a good month, and I am hoping for more of the same in April! I also got in my movie-watching goals last month, with 2 movies in the theater (The Lego Movie, Mr. Peabody and Sherman), and 1 on Netflix (Our Idiot Brother). Of the three, Lego was the best, Idiot the worst. 
Oriental French Braid

Comments