Stash Report - Weeks 11-12 2014 & Quilt #4 - Catventquiltalong

I was debating whether or not to do a stash report this week, but I got some quilting done today, so I thought I'd wrap both of them into one blog post. 
Quilt back a.k.a. fabric used
Not much sewing has been happening for the last week due to a slight medical issue that has me spending more time on the couch on a heating pad than cutting, quilting, and pushing fabric through my machine in my sewing studio. The good news is that I had a quilt ready to bind before this started and I have had a couple cross-stitch projects to work on, so I have been able to keep myself busy. 

I was able to do a little sewing earlier this week to make a back for the Catventquiltalong top that I finished earlier this year. I got it loaded on the machine, and then it waited patiently for me for several days. I was able to get down this afternoon and get it quilted - a simple pattern of wavy lines across the width of the quilt made it quick and easy. I even got it pulled off and trimmed, but the binding will have to wait for another day.  Jenna is very excited to have this one for her room. 
Quilt top with wavy line quilting
Fabric added last two weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 1 yard

Fabric added year to date: 7 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 11 3/4 yards

Net fabric used: 4 3/8 yards

Just a little extra detail on the cat quilt in case you're interested.  I used Superior Brytes thread in the top and So Fine in the bobbin. I hadn't used this combo before, but it worked very well after a little fiddling with tension.  The batting is Warm and Natural, leftover from the side or bottom of another quilt. 
Quilting closeup

Comments

Kate said…
Very fun cat quilt!
Regina said…
Love it! Hope you are back to good health soon!