June 2014 Accomplishments & Four Goals

I had a very busy June, with a work meeting that I was in charge of to start the month, a weekend of camping, and preparation for vacation. Between them, we also had the end of the school year and start of summer camps, and that can be a little bit of a crazy time. Even with all that going on, I managed to get some good sewing in during the month. 

My four goals for June were: 
1. Quilt Barbara's modern top - done and blogged here
2. Make teacher gift(s) (I know I will make one...not sure about the second) - I did only make one - got it finished on Thursday night for the last day of school on Friday! Blogged here
3. Make back for and quilt pinwheels - done, gifted yesterday, and to be blogged about soon. 
4. Quilt a UFO - didn't even pick one out to work on. 

For July, my four goals are: 
1. Finish honky tonk top
2. Quilt & bind honky tonk 
3. Do some sewing while on vacation
4. Do some finishing work on a cross-stitch (I have lots done, so there will be several to choose from).

I am pretty pleased with what I finished on my goal list considering everything that was going on. 

Here's the full list of my accomplishments for the month: 
- Made a tea towel and tote bag for a future birthday gift

- Quilted Barbara's Modern top
- Made back for, loaded, quilted, and attached binding by machine to disappearing pinwheels quilt.
- Made bag for Jack's teacher as an end of the year gift. 
- Cut out my next quilt top with fabric from one of two quilt shopping trips I went on during the month. 

I had a respectable 16 1/2 hours this month - it is amazing how quickly that number moves up when you actually get going on a few projects (deadlines are a good thing!).  

Hope you had a great June too and were able to work on whatever projects were on your list. 

Comments