It's time to fess up, because I did a little shopping...again! This time was a bee field trip so at least I can blame all of them who were with me ;-)
We went to two quilt shops that I hadn't been to before - Fabric and Friends in Roanoke, IN and Sew Biz in Marion, IN. I had a good time at both shops and picked up quite a bit. There is a new book, 6 patterns, a handful of fat quarters, some D-rings for purses, a glue stick, some papers for a pattern in the book, a new template, and two large cuts of fabric (one was on sale and the other I've passed up too many times and couldn't leave it again!). There is also an issue of Stitch magazine, which was a freebie that my mom's boss picked up at Market. You can see we had a good time! We stopped after the second shop at a McDonald's to get some coffee/tea/soda and had a little show and share right there in the dining room - I can only imagine what the other patrons thought of these women oohing and aahing over fabric and patterns.
The (slightly) good news in comparison to the shopping trip is that I did get a project completed last week, which is a good thing because it was a teacher gift and the last day of school was Friday! I also cut the binding for my disappearing pinwheels quilt, which is off the frame, trimmed, binding added, and ready for hand stitching.
The purse is the Lazy Girl Designs pattern called Candice, which is the most recent purse pattern I've bought (from this trip). I used a pretty stiff interfacing on it, so the bag stands up well. It makes it a bit of a pain to put together, but I like the end result.
Here's a picture of the purse interior. This is why I like Lazy Girl patterns so much - pockets everywhere! I like to have high contrast inside my purses so it is easier to find things, and yes, the pockets on one side are supposed to be taller than those on the other side.
Here's the result of the last two weeks:
Fabric added last two weeks: 7 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 2 1/4 yards
Fabric added year to date: 26 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 29 1/2 yards
Net fabric used: 3 3/8 yards
Yikes - I am getting awfully close to even - hoping to get some tops done in July so that I can make some progress on the numbers....if I can just stay out of new quilt shops!