Stash Report - Week 21 2014

As I showed earlier this week, I made a couple small projects this week, and they resulted in my only stash changes this week.  I think that is especially impressive since I visited four quilt shops on Friday on a one-day trip to the NQA show in Columbus, OH.  

My mom and I left in the morning and made stops in Richmond, IN, and then three in Columbus before getting to the show.  The show was more expensive than prior years ($15!), and wasn't quite as good.  The quilts were comparable, but it felt like there were fewer than they've had before - maybe there were the same number, but many were smaller. There were several themed exhibits, and we enjoyed the one on less common holidays the most.  The vendors were limited - far fewer than we've seen in the past.  Many were vendors we hadn't seen before, but they didn't seem to have things we had to have.  I did take advantage of show specials to pick up a few more spools of Superior thread, which is my thread of choice for my HQ Avante. 

All in all, I only added one pattern, one tea towel kit, and three spools of thread to my collection, so it wasn't a terribly expensive day. 

Here's the result of the last week on the stash report: 

Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 1/2 yard

Fabric added year to date: 13 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 22 7/8 yards

Net fabric used: 9 yards

I hope you had as beautiful of a day in your neck of the woods as we did here - beautiful blue skies, pleasant temperatures, and dinner outside with friends and family made it the perfect Sunday of a long weekend! 

Comments

ozzypip said…
well done. You were restrained. Quilt shows in Australia have seemed to be smaller too. I find accounting for my purchases is really helping me to not over buy on impulse just because its on sale. Buying what I need or for specific projects is so good for the budget.