December 2013 Accomplishments

As I shared yesterday in my Four Goals post, the deadline of a coming holiday really helped me get moving in my sewing room!  I got lots done and had 25 3/4 hours of sewing - I think that's a high for the year (barring the months I had retreats).  It helped to have some extra time off work at the end of the year. 

Here's what I got done: 
- Quilted photo quilt for a family friend. 
- Made 3 laminate bags for teacher/friend gifts. 
- Loaded, quilted, and bound Swirls #1 table topper (to be gifted this weekend)
- Pieced, quilted, bound, and gifted 4th of July table runner
- Made fabric cube for teacher gift. 
- Cut out the background and made 4 kitty blocks for the catventquiltalong
- Pieced, quilted, and bound Swirls #2 table topper (also to be gifted this weekend). 
- Quilted layer cake top for my mom (quilted with Echo Holly and Pointsettia panto, YLI Variegated top thread and Bottom Line in the bobbin)
Quilt top

Poinsettia close-up
- Got re-started on my stained glass log cabin blocks at a sewing day
- Made a steering wheel cover (to be gifted this week, then photo to come). 

It was a great month and I am looking forward to spending some time in January on projects that I want to keep moving forward. I am hoping to shorten the UFO list a little before I get going this year.  I've realized that most of my UFOs are stalled at the quilting phase, so I am going to work on that over the first few months of the year. I often get stopped because I am not sure how I want to quilt something, but find that if I load it on the frame, I can come up with something!  Guess it is time to get the next UFO loaded. 

Hope you had a great December! 

Comments

Moneik said…
I often get to the quilting stage and stall as well. Good luck finishing up some of your quilts this year.
What a great month! :)