As the month of July passed, I realized I hadn't yet posted my June accomplishments. Given that I hardly did anything in July, I decided to wait and post both months together. Here goes:
June accomplishments - I started the month in Bangkok, Thailand for a work trip and ended the month packing to leave for family vacation in Michigan. In between those two, I got in 13 3/4 hours of sewing:
- Set up shelving, finished the move of closet stuff, and organized my storage area in the basement.
- Cut, pieced, quilted, and gifted Sea Turtle wall hanging for Jenna's 1st Grade Teacher, complete with a photo label that had a picture of them together.
- Pieced blocks into rows, pieced rows into top, and added borders to Wonky Trees quilt.
- Finished quilting a top for my mom with a new panto.
- Made a back for and quilted a comfort quilt that will be sent to the recipient later this week.
- Made a block for bee-mate Barbara
I used weekly lists to keep myself in check and it worked well for me.
July accomplishments - We spent the first week of July on our family vacation in Michigan. After that, I got in a measly 4 1/2 hours of sewing! This is the slowest month I have had since I started tracking my time. I did make some progress on cross-stitch projects, but hardly went down to the basement at all. The little I did get done:
- Loaded and started quilting Cherish Nature top.
- Repaired two summer blankets for the kids beds.
- Added binding to hexie quilt.
- Gifted my cousin several yards of fabric :)
- Cut out fabric for my shirt
- Pieced together pieces and finished the mini quilt from my mini blocks from the Wendy Butler-Berns class I took in May (pictures and description to follow soon).
I am hoping August will be better. I have several backs to make, a new PIG challenge project to start, and I want to finish my shirt so I can wear it this summer! To encourage myself, I set up a sewing station right in front of the tv - let's hope that works for me!