Speedy Month

Boy, did February fly by! I was really busy at work through the first three weeks of the month and between long hours, work that came home, and just being generally wiped out by the end of the day, I didn't get too much sewing done. I did work on my two UFOs that I am trying to finish up -- the bed quilt is loaded on my frame and I plan to start quilting it this weekend. The Esterita Austin workshop project is now backed, basted and about 1/3 quilted. I realized late last week that I wouldn't get it done by the end of the month, so started a new project instead ;)


Here's the list of what I got accomplished in February -- I had 12 3/4 hours in the sewing room.

  • 2 Japanese Lantern blocks & Navajo Star for last year's guild president
  • Pillow for my brother and SIL (still need to mail it!)
  • Finished all the blocks for my pending charity quilt
  • Stretching cat cross stitch (to be finished into a pillow for Jenna's b-day in late April)
  • Loaded Five Easy Pieces on the HQ
  • Cut out Claire purse
  • Backed, basted, and started quilting my Esterita project
I am planning lots more time this month and hope to get my two UFOs done, make progress on my #1 UFO item for Judy's challenge, and finish up the purse. That should be enough to keep me busy for a while.

Comments

All in all, I think that February really ended up being too short of a month! Things just flew by for almost everyone. You still got a lot done! :)