August in Review

I figure since I just posted about the guild program in August, I can post about my month in review without too much flak since it is almost halfway through the month. I was a little burned out between work and home in the beginning of the month, but I finished it out strong and got a couple things finished that have been a long time coming. I spent 17 hours in August finishing the following projects: 


- Kleenex box cover
- Quilting practice with patterns from Leah Day - tried 4 new patterns and enjoyed 3 of them!
- Made two blocks for bee mates
- Finished up a UFO for Lois, a cute patchwork bear
- Fabric framed and ditch quilted a baby birth announcement for my friend's 18 mo. old daughter! 
- 2 pillowcases
- Pieced and added pieced borders to my Judy L. quilt, then discovered I'd run out of black border fabric


And, of course the biggest news of the month was the big girl starting Kindergarten! She's having a great time there and I love finding out about her days. 


There will be a lot less sewing time in September and you'll just have to hang in there for a few weeks to see why - don't you love the suspense? 

Comments

Looks like you got a lot done!!!

Now, I can keep secrets, but I just can't wait!!! Tell me why there will be less sewing time in September!!!! ;) I promise I can keep a secret!!!
Reenie said…
Yay for you! You got a lot accomplished! I was given a Sunshine Award for my blog! (Who knew!? :-D) It's a kinda "networking" recognition that I'm passing along to you! There more information here on this site:
http://cheaperthantherapyquilting.blogspot.com/p/awards-and-honors.html