2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Friday, October 2, 2009

September Report

My sewing time in September was significantly hindered due to my work as the registrar for our guild quilt show, but I still wound up with 19.5 hours. I will also have a very busy October until the 24th due to the show. I still have one quilt to finish and 4 to label, but my pillowcases are ready and labelled and my sleeves are all on. I am really looking forward to it!

Here were my Sept goals and the progress I made against them:
- Finish the pansy miniature -- pieced, sandwiched, and stabilized. Still deciding how to quilt it.
- Label Nick's quilt, and mail the Mystery Quilt/Baby Quilt -- mystery quilt done, Nick's quilt not touched.
- Finish Suzie's quilt (which is now on my frame) and get another one loaded and done -- done, and done
- Really get going on Christmas/b-day presents -- started on the first, no pics though! 

I also did the following:
- Two fabric books - only have a picture of one
- Prepped back of my Curvalishish quilt
- Pieced my tree skirt top
- Made a new purse
- Made two blocks for Barbara
- Sewed the hanging sleeve on Jack's quilt and the labels on all the pillowcases for my items in the show.
- Tried freezer paper paper piecing for the first time and enjoyed that you don't have to rip off all the paper when you're done!

In October, I hope to:
- Quilt something else on the HQ16
- Finish everything for the quilt show
- Finish present #1, and start on #2
- Take a workshop with Debbie Bowles of Maple Island Quilts

Given the show, I think that will fill me up for the month!

2 comments:

Carol said...

She forgot to mention that she quilted a tree skirt for me - on the frame, quilted and off in one afternoon! Now I just have to get the binding made and on it. Thanks, Jen.

Mom

jillquilts said...

I'm sure that you will be so glad to be done with the show! It's a lot of work to organize anything big like that!