(Wo)man vs. Machine

Have you ever had an evening at your sewing machine where you think the machine maybe has it out for you? I had one of those nights last night. I had looked forward all day to spending the evening in my sewing room so I could finish my new purse for fall, and when the time came it was one thing after another. I pinned the first piece incorrectly, then had some issues with shredding thread, then almost broke a needle when a pin got lodged in my feed dogs. I even took a break in the middle to go put clean sheets on our bed (you know it has to be bad when you walk away from the machine to do housework!). In the end, I conquered the machine! We came to grips with each other by the end of the night and at the end of it all, I  think I should have been using a different needle probably. Either way, I was able to get through the project successfully and I love my new fall bag. I even have a model to show it to you!





Now, onto the frame to finish up my friend's quilt. It is giving me some fits, so I need to spend some time talking nice to it so that I can get it completed. Then, I need to sandwich and decide how to quilt my pansies. More updates later this week....

Comments

Moneik said…
Great purse! I pulled out fabric to work on one for my MIL. It's more a fall/winter one and I'm going to adapt a pattern to add a zipper, since that's her one wish.
It looks great!! I know what you mean about things not always working out for you when sewing. Ugh!
Linda said…
The bag is cute, but not as cute as your model! :-)

And yes, sometimes I just have to tell myself "Woman, back away from the machine." It seems we need a break from one another every now and then.
Shellie said…
It happens to me more often than Id like. And I too need to back away from the machine. Take a break or give it more TLC.
Beautiful fall bag.