February 2019

Hi everyone! Hope you're having a great Sunday (or whichever day it is when you're reading this!). I've spent time stitching, piecing, and quilting today and am enjoying the lovely 2" of snow that is covering our yard. It is great when it snows on the weekend and you don't have to go anywhere! 

February was a bit of a topsy turvy month for me - I went into my boss' office one day and found out that my company wants me to move to a new position. I talked to a few leaders and decided to make the move. It came as quite a surprise, but I think it will be a great move and it will include some travel (which I love!). I am in transition through March and then will be to the new position full time in April. 

I also spent a fair amount of time on each of my crafts. On the piecing/sewing front, I continued to make progress on the koala baby quilt I started in January. I started the month with the center done and finished it with all the borders cut and pieced, but not attached to the top yet. 

On the quilting front, I got two quilt tops quilted, one of mine (from my UFO list!)
Moon and Trees Quilted! 

Closeup of the quilting - I love the variegated threads on this, especially the black and white, which comes and goes on the dark background. 
and one of my mom's (from her UFO list!). I still need to get the binding on mine, but I am so glad to have it quilted! Hoping I can get another one done this month. 
Quilting closeup - loops through the background with the black & white thread
The quilted top
On the stitching front, I had a big finish and a small finish. I put the final stitches into my Snowbelles project on the 7th. I started this in Nov 2017 and worked on it on and off through last year. It is big enough to be framed and be the centerpiece over our mantel after I take down the Christmas decorations, so I am hoping to get it framed this year so that I can display it next year. I am really happy with it and hope you like it too. This was one of my 12 Things in 2019, so I am also glad to check the first one off the list. 

After I finished that big project, I started on my Flip-Its monthly series by Lizzie Kate. My mom gave me these a long time ago and I finally got a big piece of fabric and got the first one done in a few days. It was nice to have such a quick finish, and I am looking forward to working on the others throughout the year. This was another one of my 12 Things. I won't count it "done" until I have a few from the series completed, since my goal was to start on the series.

In the crochet front, I finished all the crochet work for a new cowl. This is called the Autumn Leaf Cowl on Ravelry, and you can find the pattern here. I was so happy to use some of the yarn I bought in my early days, and I used up almost all of it on this pattern. In the beginning, I just bought a little of this and a little of that and now I find myself trying to find patterns that will go with the weight and amount that I have. I think this one will be great when I get it blocked and get the buttons added. I am going to need some help from my mom on the blocking, as I haven't done that before. 



All in all, it was a pretty good crafty month! I quilted on 7 days and did some type of crafting on 17 days, for 61%, the same as last month! 

My stash usage was for the moon and tree back and the koala borders - not too much out, but also none in so far this year. 
Fabric added this month: 0 yards
Fabric used this month: 1 1/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 3 3/4 yards

Hope you enjoyed this recap and hope that your February was good too. I'll be back soon with a finished quilt! Not sure yet which one it will be, maybe we'll get two in March! 

Linking up with Stash Report Sunday and Judy's UFO Report

Comments

I enjoyed seeing what you worked on for February. Way to go on getting Snow Belles and the February Flip It finished along with your cowl! Your piecework and quilting looks fabulous. Congratulations on your new position!
Moneik said…
Sounds like an amazing month! Good luck with the new job. Change is always scary, but often very rewarding. We have a lot of changes happening at work, but luckily I'm sitting back and watching it happen. The stitched pieces are so beautiful and I'm sure it feels great to get them done.
Marti said…
You've had a good month. Is the red, black and white quilt yours or your mom's? It is striking. I love the bold red against the patterned background. Your snowman needlework is beautiful. I love to have snowmen in January (since we don't have real snow here). It would take me forever to finish one that size.
Good luck with the new position! Love the quilting on the sun and trees! Have you seen Jonah's Hands on InstaGram? He is crocheting and is such an inspiration!
Kate said…
You got a lot done last month! Congratulations. I'm behind on blog reading and email, so I'm playing catch up on both. And more congratulations on the position change, I hope it's one that offers more opportunities, but not more stress.
Carol said…
Sorry to be so late with my comment, Jennifer!! I was in FL visiting my sister and then came down with a nasty cold/flu bug from the plane ride home! That is so exciting about your new position within your company--and I know you love traveling so that is great. That black, red, and white quilt is just stunning!

Great job on finishing up those cute Snow Belles and I do love the small Feb. LK finish. I've done that one and it remains one of my favorites :) Hope March is going well for you ♥