Some cold weather sewing

As with many places in the country, it has been a very cold January in Central Indiana.  Last weekend, the meteorologist predicted cold temps, rain turning to ice, then snow. I got the necessary things done by Friday and planned to spend the whole weekend at home! 

I was able to spend a good amount of time in the sewing room both Saturday and Sunday and made some good progress on this baby quilt that I am making for my Aunt to gift. At the end of last weekend, it was in chunks, and as of this afternoon, the center and first border are done. The next border is pieced so it will take a little while, but there are more cold temps ahead!
I was using my 2018 rainbow scrap blocks as leader/enders and wound up with two finished blocks - now I just have three more to make to finish the blocks, then it will be on to assembling the quilt. I haven't decided yet if I will make scrappy blocks again this year...once I finish this quilt from last year, I may get the itch again! 

The last quilting progress is my first quilted top for the year - I quilted up this one for my mom - she will add the face to the snowman. Isn't he cute?  It was an easy quilting job - I did loops in the cream and snowflakes (aka asterisks) in the blue border. 

The last thing I got organized this week was my stitching projects for the #stitch9challenge on Instagram.  I found all but one of my UFOs (no idea where the last one is hiding!) and a few projects that I want to start stitching for the challenge. I added a couple embroidery projects at the end so that I could check off two lists at once - finishing an embroidery project is also on my 12 things challenge. I am certainly double dipping between all the lists and challenges, so hopefully it will work out well! Here are the projects I want to finish in 2019. 
I hope to get a little more in this week so that I have a few things to show you in my month-end post! Hope you're staying warm where you are! 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday and Scrap Happy Saturday

Comments

That little Snowman quilt is SEW adorable!!! Here's hoping you decide to play along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. To me, it's (one of) the BEST link-up(s) on the internet!
What an adorable quilted snowman! You have made good progress on the Koala quilt and your scrappy blocks are looking good. I like your 9 pieces you have selected for the instagram challenge. Have a good week!
Carol said…
The koala quilt will be so cute when you're all finished up, Jennifer--after all, who doesn't love a koala? And the snowman quilt is darling. I love the fact that you and your mom share common hobbies :)

Your nine projects look great--and doable! I can't believe some of these giant projects some people on IG have picked. I'm not doing it, but will look forward to watching all of you progress!

Happy February! ♥