February 2016 Recap

I really had only one critical goal in February - to get the George Washington t-shirt quilt finished and ready to gift by the end of the  month.  In total, I spent 17 1/4 hours quilting this month and I got a few other things done too: 

- Made back for and quilted Beth's quilt
- Made and attached binding to Warm Winter Wishes, which is now only waiting for a label
 - Made 4 Sweet pea pods with the remaining pieces from Bendy bags made last year
 - Finished the George Washington quilt 

I didn't even touch my APQ Challenge #5 UFO. Well, I touched it enough to move it around the studio about 5 times, but I didn't get the back made so it isn't quilted yet. I plan to get back to it on another month when the project doesn't take me the full month to finish.  

On the stitching front, I finished my February ornament.

On the crochet front, I had a great month - I finished two projects!  
- Mantella Cape, which I started back in August. I plugged away a few rows at a time and finally got it blocked and then the button sewn on. (I still need to get a good picture of this one.)
- Cable Stitch Jenna Headband - This involved some new stitches for me (which isn't hard since I am still learning) and I had it almost halfway done when I realized that it wasn't creating the cable pattern. I ripped it back to the start...twice, actually! I finally got the hang of it and then finished it the same week I started it. 

As it relates to my personal goals, I had great luck with my swimming - I went every week in February, twice a few weeks and I wound up with either 5 or 6 sessions swimming. I am getting better at swimming without stopping too. 

On the house front, I got the first estimate for our bathroom renovation and it was double what I'd planned to spend, so I am back to the start to get another estimate, and maybe adjust the plan.  While we could spend the higher amount, I still have way too much work that needs to be done around here to blow the bank on the first project! By the end of March, I hope to have another estimate and also a plan B. 

Hope you had a great February! 



Comments

Carol said…
Another successful and creative month, Jennifer! I especially love the quilt with the cardinals on it. And you look adorable in your new headband :) I hope your next estimate for your bathroom remodel is lower...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter weekend!