December 2015 Accomplishments

I ended November with a big burst of productivity and hoped to carry that into December. I did keep at it through the month, but forgot how many evening activities hit that time of year! I had a few presents to make, and also wanted to continue to work through the stack of UFOs/WIPs on my cutting table.  Here's what I got done: 

- Made several Bendy bags - in red, orange, a bright print, and green. 

- Finished Midnight mystery quilt blocks (and I love them!)

- Made a Star Wars notebook cover for my daughter's teacher
- Loaded and quilted the L-7 quilt for my mom to give as a Christmas present
- Loaded, quilted, made, and attached binding for Lois' large Irish Chain quilt, another of her UFOs complete!
- Made some black string blocks

I also started working on a quilt top that I started back in March, but didn't get it to a picture worthy state in December. I will show it soon, as it is ready for quilting now!  In the end, I spent 16 1/4 hours in my sewing room during the month, and that doesn't include the time I spent doing a little cleaning out. 

On the cross-stitch side, I finished two projects. 

Harvest by Bent Creek - I bought this one last year with a desire to have a few fall themed, but not Halloween, items. 
Alphabet Tree Ornament, a small card from Prairie Schooler. I sewed this into the ornament size, but made the seam allowance a little too tight (see above in the picture with the green Bendy bag). It will still look okay on the tree, I think! 

In addition to the crafty work, I enjoyed two weeks off with the kids, visited with family, did some fun shopping (some for others and some for me), and ate lots of good food! 

Comments

Carol said…
I just love your two cross stitched finishes, Jennifer! Your little tree ornament looks so cute. I've never tried that shape for finishing--need to get up my nerve :)

Your bags are so nice--pretty and useful at the same time. Sounds like you had a relaxing Christmas with two weeks off--hope the new year brings you lots of happy days!
Denise :) said…
Both of your cross-stitches are just wonderful!! :)