2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stash Report, Weeks 31-34, 2015

I've had lot of activity in my stash over the last few weeks. There was some fabric in and some fabric cut, some fabric used, and some donated to my guild. 

I decided to join a mystery quilt. I've made a couple in the past - one I loved and still hang regularly in the house, and another I didn't care for, so re-purposed and made into another quilt (see my posts from the mystery quilt redo). I also participated in Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery quilt a few years ago (it is on my frame being quilted right now). It is time to do it again, so I went through my stash and picked out a focus fabric and then picked some others to go with it. I wound up with two printed cottons and two batiks. Here are all the pieces ready for their clues. This is the Midnight Mystery from Meadow Mist Designs - and we're only one clue into it so there is still lots of time to join along! 

I also continued on my quest to make up kits and got one of my row by row kits put into a table runner top - I'll share a picture of that as I get it quilted (hopefully soon!). 

I did add a little fabric over the last couple weeks. I found another great bag pattern and picked up some cotton and denim to make it, then a week later found Essex Linen, which is what I wanted to make it with in the first place :) 
Here's the final report: 
Fabric added last four weeks: 2 1/2 yards
Fabric used last four weeks: 8 3/8 yards

Fabric added year to date: 8 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 124 1/4 yards

Net fabric used: 115 3/8 yards

I think that's a pretty good report -- now I just have to finish the quilt on the frame so that I can move on to the next one! 

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've done some great stash busting this year!

I'm making the Midnight Mystery quilt too. I've got one more set of flying geese to make and then I'm ready to move on to step 2.