I had a great January of 2015. The year started by working with my mom on a comfort quilt for one of the girls who was in our girl scout troop, and I also made a little progress on my year of the kits resolution. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the sewing room because I was also doing a lot of cross-stitching. Here's what I did in January:
In the quilting arena, I put in about 16 1/2 hours of cutting, piecing, and quilting time and finished the following projects:
- Red cash and carry bag (a kit!)
- Fleece scarf for Jenna
- Made top with my mom, made back, and quilted comfort quilt for fellow Girl Scout
- Made my first two string blocks
- Cut out and pieced Winterberry Lane (another kit!) top
- Messed with my machine tension until I couldn't mess with it any longer...and subsequently wound up sending my machine to the shop where it is getting a new tensioner.
In the cross-stitch arena, I am not tracking time, but I am tracking finishes:
- Evergreen Sampler (a kit!)
- Wee Snowman by Heart in Hand
I am moving along in February too - but with more stitching than sewing time, at least to this point in the month!