It has been a relatively quiet few weeks in my sewing room. I also managed to stay away from the quilt shops, so that really helps the stash report. At the same time last year, I'd added over 5 yards to my stash and used about 2 1/2. This year, I am working on using some fabric, especially in kits.
My usage over the past two weeks is for two things - the first is my experimenting with color and scraps. I picked blue as my color of the month and made a couple string blocks. I really enjoyed this and realized in the process that I can made a ton of string blocks with all the scraps I have in my scrap buckets! I might get a couple more made this month, but even if not, I think this is a good start for my year. The only fabric that is being counted for these blocks is the muslin foundation, because I figure I have already counted the scraps when I cut the original fabric.
The second bit of usage is from my first kit of the year, Winterberry Singles "Merry and Bright" by Whimsicals. My goal this year is to make up several of my kits (enough so you can see the difference when I take a picture of them at the end of the year). I cut out the first one this week, spent several hours working on it today, and it is now a finished top. I have a quilt ready to go on the frame, but then plan to quilt this right after that so that I can call it finished!
Here's the accounting:
Fabric added last two weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric added year to date: 0 yards
Fabric used year to date: 5 1/8 yards
I am pretty happy with the usage so far, and hoping that I can keep it going for at least a few more weeks.