September 2014 Accomplishments & Four Goals

I didn't spend too many days in my sewing area this month, but I do feel like I got a lot done!  I also got some new things started. I spent 12 1/2 hours in the sewing studio, not counting time for stitching or my other new craft. Here's what I did in that time: 

- Made a baby blanket
- Made two laminate bags
- Sewed all the buttons onto finished cross-stitch projects
- Finished another cross-stitch - this time into a cube
- Made the first of three rows I got during the Row by Row Experience. 
- Helped my daughter Jenna start sewing!  She told me that she wanted to make a doll quilt, went through my scraps to find strips, pressed them, and started sewing them into pairs, then quads. We didn't get further than that due to a few other things keeping our calendar busy at the end of the month, but I have no doubt she is ready to get back to it. 
- Finished quilting Crossroads/Plan B quilt top. I need to get it trimmed and get the binding on so that I can show it off at Shipshewana. 
- Started cutting out and made two test blocks for Urban Pods quilt using the Quick Curve Ruler
- Started my Craftsy class on crochet and made a chain and a swatch. I had a great time learning this new craft and I am looking forward to finishing the class so that I can make one or two of the projects. 
 Oh, and I almost forgot - I also won this great bundle of fabric from a Sweetwater giveaway!  What a nice surprise to see my name and then receive a Fat Eighth bundle of Elementary in the mail. 

My four goals for September seemed pretty achievable at the start of the month (don't they always!), and I got to work on them pretty well. 
1. Quilt my UFO that is hanging on the frame -- finished
2. Cut out a quilt with my Quick Curve Ruler -- started but not finished
3. Finish baby blanket -- done and gifted and I even got to cuddle the baby 
4. Sew buttons and findings on all my "almost finished" cross stitch projects. -- finished

In October, I am headed to a retreat in Shipshewana, Indiana. This will be my fourth year at this retreat and I am really looking forward to it.  I have one quilt cut out and one partially cut out (see #2 above), and I hope to get one more ready before I leave, but if not, that's okay.  I have plenty I can take and cut out there.  Here are my October goals: 
1. Quilt one of the tops that I have from friends
2. Get myself in order for retreat and have a great time there
3. Finish a quilt top
4. Make a new purse/bag

Hope you have great plans for your month!  

Comments

Carol said…
Looks like a very successful month, Jennifer--your little cross stitch finish is adorable!

Have fun at your quilting retreat--I'm heading to a cross stitch retreat in a couple of weeks, too :)

Happy October!