July Accomplishments & Four Goals

July was a very busy month for me - we went on a family vacation to North Carolina, then I was home for three days and left again for a trip with some of my girlfriends to Colorado.  I took a machine with me on our family vacation but only pulled it out one afternoon - I thought I might feel more like sewing at night, but I was beat after great days exploring the area and enjoying the beach. 

My four goals for July were: 
1. Finish honky tonk top - done!
2. Quilt & bind honky tonk - done!

3. Do some sewing while on vacation - done, barely!
4. Do some finishing work on a cross-stitch - done!
So, even though I didn't do a great deal of sewing during the month, I did keep focused on those things I wanted to spend my time on.  Here's the full list of my accomplishments: 
- Finished binding Texas Pinwheels quilt
- Finished piecing, quilted, and bound Honky Tonk quilt
- Quilted a wall hanging for my mom
- Fabric framed a cross-stitch(see above)

I spent a whole lot of time binding in July - first in the car on the way to NC, then on the plane on the way to CO.  But it was totally worth it, because I got quilts finished and gifted to all three of the girlfriends I went to Colorado with. 

My goals for August are: 
1. Frame/Finish another cross-stitch
2. Get to 6 finished snowmen for the snowman quilt
3. Cut out a project to work on at work day/retreat
4. Quilt a UFO

Hope you had a great July! 

Comments