I feel like I finally started to get my groove back during the month of April. I made time for sewing on the weekends and even during the week. I didn't get a high volume of projects done, but I did plug along on a few that were at the top of my list this month. I had 13 1/2 hours of sewing time and here's what I got done:
- Pieced together the blocks and added the first border for my disappearing pinwheel quilt. I also made about 20 more small pinwheels for border #2.
- Selected and cut fabric, pieced the center, and added the border for the Batman quilt I am making on commission. (I forgot to get a good picture of it before I loaded it on the frame yesterday!)
- Pulled out a panel and added a border to make a baby quilt. I also got the back made and loaded, quilted, and attached the binding by machine. Start to finish in the month.
- Finished binding catventquiltalong top and gave it to Jenna, where it has received lots of snuggles and spends every night with her. I shared how I quilted it here.
From my list of four things, I got two done - the Batman top and the baby panel, although I thought I would have them at opposite stages by the end of the month (Batman totally done and the other into a top). I did not get to my purse or quilt another UFO, but I did pull out one of my oldest UFOs and started to work on pulling a back together for it. They will both stay on my list for May.
Here are the four things I'd like to finish in May:
1. Finish my darn purse!!
2. Quilt a UFO
3. Finish the Batman quilt
4. Finish the disappearing pinwheel top
I also have some other small projects on my mind, so hope to get to one or two of them in May as well.
Outside of quilting, we had a great month of trying new recipes, I got some much-needed work done in the garden, and caught a movie at home. I didn't make it to the theater this month because there really wasn't anything that caught my interest. I also made some good progress on my long-standing cross-stitch project and hope to mark that in the finished column in May.
Hope you're enjoying spring where you are!