Back at the beginning of the month, I set out to do things I didn't finish last month. I started off the month well, focusing on my jelly roll challenge quilt. Energy/time/attention wavered as I worked through the month - but I still did 3 of the 4 things that I set out to do at the beginning of the month:
1. Make back and binding for - and quilt - Jelly Roll Quilt - done - I made the back, quilted it, and attached the binding to the front - will hand sew to the back over the course of the next few weeks. Pictured here.
2. Finish Easy Street Mystery quilt top - done - except for borders. I have a couple borders that I am auditioning, but I'd like to see how an electric blue border looks and I don't have any yardage of that color, so I am taking this with me on my retreat this week to see if I can either find a border I like better or put on the borders I have now.
3. Quilt my rolling stones mini-quilt - didn't do this one - didn't even pull it off the design wall. The challenge is that I am stuck on how to quilt this. Stitch in the ditch seems too boring, but it is too small for much. I am going to take this to retreat with me and hope to get some ideas from the group.
4. Pre-cut a project for the March retreat and print out paper piecing patterns for two more wall hangings to go with my mountain/moon project from last fall - done - I had two projects lined up to prepare and picked the easier one and in the end, and in the end, I decided to print out only one of the paper pieced patterns - it used about 20 pages and I thought that would be enough for me to work on at the retreat.
I leave tomorrow for the bee retreat and we'll be there 2 full days and 2 1/2 days. I have a couple projects pre-cut, and several in the bag to take with me, but here are the four things I really hope to get done in March:
1. Make a new purse
2. Finish the 2nd Deb Karasik paper pieced moon/tree
3. Make top, back, and quilt Christmas Disappearing 4-patch
4. Finish Bricks and Stepping Stones charity top (this has been a leader/ender project for me for a long time and is into the block phase now).