I don't think I need to say that October was a great month for sewing, because I have already showed you the fun stuff I worked on at retreat! I also took a workshop with Deb Karasik and reinvigorated my love for paper piecing. I have added two more of her quilts to my "sometime in the near future" list.
Here's what I got done in October:
- Cut out and pieced a quilt top for Jack's bed
- Made a baby blanket for my cousin's baby shower
- Finished binding the second Halloween table runner and sent it off to it's new home in Michigan
- Quilted Lois' Floral Bricks UFO, which we found in a box during our garage sale earlier this year! (just realized I don't have a picture of this, so I will take one after I finish binding it tomorrow)
- Made a phone/ID pouch for my neighbor to wear at Disney
- Attended a guild workshop with Deb Karasik and finished the quilt top from that workshop
- Made a new purse and started to use it at retreat
- Cut out, started, and finished Rolling Stones mini-quilt (you'll have to come back on Tiny Tuesday to see a picture of it)
- Attended my second retreat at The Farmstead Inn in Shipshewana, IN
See, it was a good month! I had 41 1/2 hours in the sewing room, over half of which was at retreat. I have plans for November that aren't as ambitious, but hope it sees one bed in my house covered with a new quilt!