Stash Report - Week 8 2012

Wow, two weeks since my last post! I haven't really been doing much sewing, stitching, or crafting since I last posted, but I thought I should check in with a stash report today, seeing as how I had some changes. I really think that Jill and I have changed places this year when it comes to stash enhancement. We usually are in opposite places when it comes to stash purchases and usage! Over the past two weeks, I used mostly scraps, which I don't count because I count them when I first cut into them and they go into the scrap bin. Even though the numbers don't show it, I do like using those scraps and I have more planned on that front this year. 


Since I last reported in Week 5, I have used 7/8 of a yard - most of it from a kit that I started at work day earlier this month. There was a little more cut for my second snowman and I plan to finish him this week, so will share a picture when I do. I was doing okay with the buying until yesterday when I went to one of the local shops that was having a 29% off sale for Leap Year. I knew I needed some white on white fabric for the snowman blocks, and it was a minimum 1 yard cut, so I picked up 3 yards and the only 2 FQs of w-o-w that they had cut already. Then, there was this bundle of FQs from Make Life by Sweetwater. I looked at the fabric about 10 times before I broke down and bought it. If I can figure out a wall hanging to make with it, it will look great in my family room. There are 11 FQs, so if you have any good ideas for me, please let me know. 
I also got a book this week - it is the newest from Whimsicals and has some great projects in it. 


Here's the damage: 
Fabric added last 3 weeks: 6 1/4 yards
Fabric used last 3 weeks: 7/8 yard


Fabric added year to date: 14 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 7 1/8 yards


Net fabric used (added): (7 1/4 yards)


Yikes, I better get sewing! 

Comments