Design Wall Monday

I don't usually play along with Design Wall Monday, because I don't usually have anything exciting on my design wall (or I have the same thing for weeks on end), but this week, I do have something exciting! It is a Judy Laquidara quilt in progress!

You know how sometimes you start blocks for a quilt and think "hmm, this will be okay, but I am not wowed by it"? I had that problem with Carnival. Loved the technique, loved working with batiks, but wasn't crazy about how it was coming together until I had it into a top with borders and all.

This time, quite the opposite reaction! I loved the colors when I pulled them (and these aren't my typical colors -- except for that bright orange in the middle!), and I love how the blocks are looking when I put them together. I am very motivated to work on this top and really hope that I can stay that way so it fulfills an item on my to do list of the year -- can you guess which one?

Comments

Moneik said…
It looks awesome! I love when I have inspiration. Will this be the bed quilt for Michelle & Steve?
Barb in Mi said…
Love the start of Judy's quilt - it will be done in no time when you love the colors and all. Looking forward to seeing it completed on a future design wall...
Diane said…
scrumptious colors!! can't wait to see more of it!
Looking good!!! I can't wait to start something new myself! :)