Friday Night Sew-in

It turns out that last night was a Friday night sew-in, and I didn't even know it until today! We went out after dinner to my favorite custard stand and had our first frozen custard of the season. Mmmm, mmm, mmm it was good! The best news is that they have italian ice w/no milk in it so we can go as a family and Jack can enjoy something too.

After we got home, I vegged for a while on the couch, started to watch the basketball tournament, and then remembered that I really don't care about the basketball games! I pulled myself off the couch and headed to my sewing room. I got the binding on Curtis' quilt so I can start the hand sewing on it (hopefully today), traced, fused, and cut out the fabric for my 2nd Snowbound BOM, and got my first snap happy sack done.

The snap happy sack is so cute (if I do say so myself). You make it with metal measuring tape that snaps open/closed. My husband found a pair of rusty shears in the garage that cut through the tape like butter, so it was a lot easier than I expected that part to be.
I am making a bag/purse to match and hope to get that done in the next week or so, so I can retire the fall/winter purse and have something a little brighter for this time of year!

Comments

Cute bag!!! Love the bright colors!!
Moneik said…
That's such an awesome little bag! I have the pattern, just haven't made it yet.