2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Drowning in Paper

I feel like it has been ages since I blogged, but I have been busy, busy. Our guild has a quilt show every other year and this is the year. I signed up to help with the show this year and took on the task of registration! It is a big task, but one that is perfect for me. Over the past two weeks, I have registered 360 quilts and am now tracking down about 20 people for missing information.

Once I get the reports sent out to other committee members and confirmation messages and letters mailed, I am free and clear until mid October. My house will be a drop off location for the quilts, and then I will deliver them for judging. The following weekend, Oct 24 & 25, is the quilt show. If you're in the area, I would love for you to come. I am planning to be there all day on Friday and some of the day on Saturday too, and I will have 5 items in the show. Saturday afternoon, there will be an auction of small quilts, and one of mine is in the auction. I am a little nervous about that and hope that it does well! We also have a raffle quilt that I am selling tickets for. It is a queen size batik in navy blue with bright stars all around it and is a really beautiful quilt. If you are interested in tickets, please let me know and I will hook you up! They are $1 each or 6 for $5.


So far this month, I have spent very little time in my sewing room...boo. I did get a fabric book put together last week for a 1-year old birthday party, but literally finished it right before we walked out the door and forgot to take a picture of it. I have also been working on a quilt on my frame. I am using my rulers for the first time and am having a good time with them. Hope to get that quilt done within the next week, so that I can start moving on to Christmas presents. I am only making a few this year, but I want to get going now so that I am not busy the week before Christmas : ).

Hope you're all getting more done than I am!

4 comments:

Gina said...

What a huge task you've taken on. I don't envy you

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Moneik said...

What a huge task! I'm sure you are doing a great job with it.

Regina said...

What's your deadline for selling tickets? I will have to get at least one. Will email you separately about it.

I am doing registrations for my Lions Club leadership retreat - so I feel your pain!!! Missing information is the bane of my existence right now! That and email addresses that are bouncing back!

jillquilts said...

I'm supposed to buy tickets from your mom! :)