Drowning in Paper

I feel like it has been ages since I blogged, but I have been busy, busy. Our guild has a quilt show every other year and this is the year. I signed up to help with the show this year and took on the task of registration! It is a big task, but one that is perfect for me. Over the past two weeks, I have registered 360 quilts and am now tracking down about 20 people for missing information.

Once I get the reports sent out to other committee members and confirmation messages and letters mailed, I am free and clear until mid October. My house will be a drop off location for the quilts, and then I will deliver them for judging. The following weekend, Oct 24 & 25, is the quilt show. If you're in the area, I would love for you to come. I am planning to be there all day on Friday and some of the day on Saturday too, and I will have 5 items in the show. Saturday afternoon, there will be an auction of small quilts, and one of mine is in the auction. I am a little nervous about that and hope that it does well! We also have a raffle quilt that I am selling tickets for. It is a queen size batik in navy blue with bright stars all around it and is a really beautiful quilt. If you are interested in tickets, please let me know and I will hook you up! They are $1 each or 6 for $5.


So far this month, I have spent very little time in my sewing room...boo. I did get a fabric book put together last week for a 1-year old birthday party, but literally finished it right before we walked out the door and forgot to take a picture of it. I have also been working on a quilt on my frame. I am using my rulers for the first time and am having a good time with them. Hope to get that quilt done within the next week, so that I can start moving on to Christmas presents. I am only making a few this year, but I want to get going now so that I am not busy the week before Christmas : ).

Hope you're all getting more done than I am!

Comments

Gina said…
What a huge task you've taken on. I don't envy you

Love and hugs Gina xxx
Moneik said…
What a huge task! I'm sure you are doing a great job with it.
Regina said…
What's your deadline for selling tickets? I will have to get at least one. Will email you separately about it.

I am doing registrations for my Lions Club leadership retreat - so I feel your pain!!! Missing information is the bane of my existence right now! That and email addresses that are bouncing back!
I'm supposed to buy tickets from your mom! :)