October Progress

I am running late on the report of monthly progress. It has been a draining week both at work and at home. On an up note, Mike and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on the 4th and enjoyed a lovely dinner together at a great place we hadn't eaten before, Eddie Merlot's. Beyond that, I won't provide details except to say that Wed. night through Fri. afternoon were challenging to say the least.

On a brighter note, I had a pretty good month in my sewing room in October. I totalled 18.5 hours of sewing, lower than I would like, but now that good TV is on, I have been spending more time watching TV in the family room than jamming to Pandora in my sewing room! During the month, I completed the following:

- 2 headbands, one for Jenna and one for her friend Lauren's 4th birthday.
- 2 blocks for my bee - one for Lois and one for Kathy
- 2 Pinwheel blocks for the Quilters in Indiana lottery


- Went on a shop hop to Louisville with my bee

I also spent quite a bit of time working my quilting skills and learning a lot about adjusting tension and getting different threads to work together. I did discover 30 wt. Blendable Sulky thread and am loving the result in my quilting...more to come over the next few weeks.

I don't have lots of goals for the month of November. I would like to get the few Christmas gifts that I am planning to make completed, or at least well on their way. I also want to continue to make progress on my current UFO and my other free motion quilting projects. Beyond that, I will be spending time studying human resources information to prepare for taking a certification exam in early December.

I will also be anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first snow and Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays and the best meal of the year, especially the canned cranberry sauce that looks just like the can! Can't wait for it!

Comments