Making Progress

Well, my main goal this month was to work on the several quilt tops I had lined up and get them quilted, free motion quilted specifically. I got three of them basted together at our sewing day early in the month, and got started on this one. It is a little of a cop out, as I just stitched in the ditch. Between all the pieces and the pattern, I thought it was too busy for anything other than that. It is slated to be a Christmas present for an unsuspecting friend (I hope!). It will be bound in the gold as well.



Next, I got started on a playmat for our friend Richard. His mom was going to buy him one from a catalog until I poo-poo'ed that idea and told her a quilted one would be much better. I started with stitch in the ditch on this one, then took a deep breath and started the FMQ'ing. It went very well. Lots of different sized stitches, but overall I am very happy with it. I started with the road and then meandered around all the buildings and construction vehicles. The last thing I did was a wavy stitch around the outside which I really liked.




Now I am on to a thank you gift for another friend. It is in progress, and I got to work on it a bit this weekend...but I will wait to post photos until I've got it done.

Our family had a busy weekend too. Jack had his first haircut (and hated it), and now he looks like such a big boy. We had a fall festival at the kids day care, so went to that for a bit yesterday. Then today, we made the big trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins for carving (and maybe pie if I get really brave). We met Richard and his family there, and all the kids had a great time. The pictures from the weekend are all on Mike's camera, so I will have to post them later. The house is now silent, as the kids are wiped out, sound asleep and Mike is at softball. I am looking forward to a quiet night watching TV and working on some cross-stitch. This time of year is when I appreciate the mute button on the remote so much so that I don't have to listen to those political commercials. I strongly believe in voting and will definitely be at the polls this year, but boy am I tired of the back and forth crap! Will be nice when it is back to injury lawyers and car salesmen!

Comments

Gina said…
Love the quilts. the playmat looks great.

Love and hugs Gina xxx
Your quilts look great! I hear you about the political ads. I am so fed up with them!
Hubs said…
That playmat is very cool. I have yet to discover my talent and most hobbies overwhelm me. Oh to have something to do with my hands in the evenings that I am actually interested in... :) I have liked your quilts before but I couldn't comment intelligently enough to submit anything. Nate is gone this evening so I am commenting all over the blog world. Have a good weekend.