The Next Big Quilt

Since the beginning of my quilting "career" in late 2003, I have completed mostly small projects. Wall hangings, baby quilts, purses, etc. This year, I took a big leap and finished my first twin sized quilt (the Red, White, and Blue Lottery Quilt pictured in this post), which had not only a pieced top, but also a pieced backing (in case you've been on the edge of your seat, the darker side is the backing). Now, I am ready to take a really big plunge and start a king sized quilt to adorn the new bed that we bought back in March. I am sure that it will take me a while to complete this one, and I am hoping to start on it this month. As it is a wide range of colors in batik, I am going to prewash all the fabric (ugh, something I never do) in hopes of avoiding bleeding issues. I will post progress as it goes, but here's a "before" picture of the fabric and the pattern.

Comments

Gina said…
Lovely quilt pattern and I love the fabrics. Good Luck

Love and hugs Gina xxx
Regina said…
oohhh...nice!
I have a king size, too - but have not attempted a quilt yet.
Moneik said…
What a cute quilt! I'm falling in love with batiks and can't wait to make a quilt with them.
Cheryl Willis said…
I knew if I look I could find where you started this.
I am considering adding to my TO DO but in scrappy blues.
I can call it TO DO BLUE- cw