Lots of Luck

This was a lucky weekend for me. The biggest part of my good luck is that I took my failing iPod Touch to the Apple store and it was replaced under the warranty. Now, that's not luck, you are probably thinking, that't the warranty. Well, the luck part of it is that the reason it was failing is because a cup leaked and it sat in Sprite for 15 minutes a few weeks ago. After that episode, it would turn on only when docked to the computer, but it wouldn't keep a charge...and any water/liquid voids the apple warranty. So, I decided that honesty was the best policy and told my iPod genius the whole sordid tale. He replaced it because the water indicator did not show that there had been any water damage. I swear, I almost hugged the guy when he brought out my new one and said to have a great day.
The other lucky part is that I have been working hard on my block lottery quilt. This is made from blocks that I won earlier in the year from my online group. I was shocked to have won, then even more shocked to receive 29 blocks in the mail. It was a really fun month! I was originally going to make a really big quilt (probably would have been king size), but then upon laying it out again decided that I didn't really want to make it that big. Instead, I split the darker blocks from the lighter ones and made two tops. Then, I decided that I wanted it to be a reversible quilt. So the bright/lighter blocks are slated to be the front and the darker ones the back. Here are some pictures.

The light/bright side

The dark side

They are really the same size...just took pictures from a little different angle. Now that I have put them together...I am thinking the dark side might have to be the front of the quilt!

It will go the quilter upon my return from Oregon. I will post from there if I get a chance...if not, I will have lots to share when I get home next week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that idea. How did you quilt it? I am adding you to my blogger friends. Check out my blog at
www.merrylittlequilter.blogspot.com