Better in Person

You know how some things are just better in person? Like fabric, quilts, and even teachers! Last night Judy Laquidara arrived in Indianapolis to give a lecture and two workshops to our guild. I was very excited to meet her after reading her blog for several months and participating in her weekly stashbusting challenge. She was a joy to meet in person and boy, is she funny! She was a little embarrased with the New Orleans Saints logo on her desktop in front of a Colts crowd, but we were forgiving, especially when she started pulling out the quilts to show!

She lectured on borders, labels, and sashing and it was great fun to see all she does with her borders. She makes me want to get EQ6 (or maybe just steal my mom's copy since she doesn't use it ; ) to make some beautiful borders. Here are a few of my favorites that she showed.

Today I get to host a workshop on the last quilt shown and then take Judy and her husband out to dinner. I came home last night and started cutting fabric for the quilt and I am excited about how all the fabrics go together. Hopefully I will have some blocks to show tonight!

Comments

Colleen said…
Oooo, I wonder if we could get her at our guild. Can't wait to see what you do during the workshop. Those quilts look great, and I see why the class was on borders. They are just as interesting as the center of the quilt.
Very exciting!! I didn't realize that she was there THIS week! lol I just wasn't paying attention, I guess! :)

Have fun at the workshop and take pictures!!!
Moneik said…
What an awesome opportunity to host her. We stayed in her town when we were on our honeymoon. I love her writing style and her unique quilt borders.
Judy Laquidara said…
Thanks Jennifer for the nice blog post. We so enjoyed dinner and I love meeting you and spending time with your guild.
Jen said…
How fun!! I love my eq6 now that I've gotten used to it. I originally stole my mom's eq5 and upgraded it because she never used it.
Jocelyn said…
Wow, such beautiful quilts!
canuckquilter said…
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Makes me want EQ6 too!
Regina said…
LOL - you can tell I am behind on reading your blog when I came over to you from Judy's!!! Looks like a fun time was had by all! Envy!!!!!