August 2026 - Stitching the month away

Does anyone feel like August zipped by in a blur? I feel like that more and more, it does seem that time goes faster, especially when kids return to college and the house is empty. It was hot and wet here in August, which made for some good stitching time. It was also State Fair month and I once again entered projects into the Home and Family Arts competition. I always enjoy getting to the fair to see the great work of so many artists and crafters from across the state. 

I was thrilled to receive 6 ribbons this year for my projects entered in the State Fair. 

First Place (!!!) for Flea Market Flowers
Framed Cross-stitch 101-150"

Honorable Mention for 31st
Cross Stitch - Other Household Items

Honorable Mention for Yuletide Revels
Mixed Techniques - Stitching

Honorable Mention - Central Park Sling Bag
Sewing - Accessories

Honorable Mention for Reindeer Xing
(that's it at the top where you can see the plaid fabric)
Quilting - Bed quilts - Machine pieced, Long Arm quilted

Honorable Mention for Got Cookies? 
Quilting - Wall Hanging, mixed techniques

I did a little sewing this month, but no finishes to show for it, and a lot of stitching, with a few finishes to show for it. 

Gateway Arch National Park from the Stitching Across America book
This one made me chuckle - have never seen the Mississippi blue! 
Stitched on 18 ct. Oatmeal Aida with called for DMC threads

Summer Sampler by Puntini Puntini
Stitched on 32 ct. Sand linen with called for DMC threads

Bunny Spool by Crafty Bluebonnet
Stitched on mystery 30 ct. evenweave with called for DMC threads

Sea Otter by Bad Stitched
Stitched on 32 ct. grab bag lugana from Mystic Fabric w/called for DMC

The little otter was a start and finish at our Indy Summer Stitchers retreat at the end of the month. It was a great time and always nice to stitch with friends for a few days. 

The month also included celebrating my dad's 93rd birthday, taking my son to school, a visit to the State Fair, my birthday and Family Day at work - it was a whirlwind for sure! 

Here are the reports for the month, not a ton of change: 

Stitching time with Kate at Life in Pieces: 28/31 days with crafting = 90%

Stash Report with Donna at quiltpaintcreate:
Fabric added this month: 0 yards
Fabric used this month: 3/8 yard
Fabric added year to date: 20 yards
Fabric used year to date: 2 3/4 yards
Net fabric used: (17 1/4 yards) - not sure if I will get back into the black this year, but I have a lot of great projects to work on in the meantime. 

Project Finishing: 
Stitching Projects: +4 finishes, 0 FFOs = 46 projects waiting to be FFO'ed
Quitling Projects: +1 new start, 0 finishes = 10 projects waiting to be fully finished

I have some goals in September to make a dent in FFOs - I don't have anything that takes me out of town until the end of the month, so I'd like to do a little catching up, and also would like to keep sewing. I am working on a few gifts that I will give at the end of the month; in addition to finishing them, I'd like to get working on one of my quilt tops. We'll see what the month brings! 

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting! 

Comments