September 2022 went quickly!

 Some months just fly by, don't they? After a nice long holiday weekend at the start of the month, I had three trips - that's what really makes things go quickly. Our first trip was as a family to my niece's wedding - it was a lovely cool evening wedding just outside Denver, CO and then we enjoyed the day in Breckenridge the next day. Before leaving town on Sunday, we squeezed in a visit with one of my longest friends who I went to elementary school with and who was in my Girl Scout troop. It was great to spend a couple hours with her. 

The beautiful bride with her family and new husband. 

Twin cousins flanked by my kids - they couldn't get over how tall Jack is!

Our family at the wedding

The whole crew at the base of Breckenridge Ski Resort

Sitting on the deck enjoying time with my friend
We arrived home late Sunday and then I turned around Monday early morning to return to the airport for a work trip to Orlando. It was a conference that I hadn't attended before and it was great. Lots of opportunity to learn new things and connect with others. We even enjoyed a night at Universal Orlando! After the work part, my friend Beth picked me up and we spent the weekend together. We had a great time dying cross-stitch fabric, binge-watching Welcome to Wrexham, and hanging out together. 

On the way for an evening of fun!

The results of our dying fun

I had a whole week at home before leaving again. The third trip was also a work trip and this time to the other side of the country - I flew into Seattle and spent the week in Redmond for a meeting at Microsoft. It was really neat to see their campus and we had a great session at the innovation center. No photos allowed from the innovation center, but wow, there are some amazing things that they are working on. 

In the midst of all that, I spent my time working on a quick exchange piece that I will show in October (as it hasn't yet been received), worked on three of my WIPs and did a little quilting. I usually just show finished cross-stitch pieces, but since I don't have any of those to share, I will pop in a few pics of the WIPs that got my time in September. 

Graveyard Goblins by The Nutmeg Needle

Circle of Flowers by Aury TM

This is Halloween by Primrose Cottage Stitches

On the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, my mom and I had a sewing afternoon/evening. We always enjoy getting together to sew and this was no different. I worked on a new project bag and then started a mini-quilt. 

My (slightly wonky) new project bag
I ran out of time to finish the mini-quilt on Sunday, so was glad to have Labor Day free - I finished up the quilt top - it's a little busy, but I think it will fit in just fine on my mini-quilt wall behind my longarm. I have another quilt on my longarm, so this one will go into the "to be quilted" queue - hopefully I can get it done relatively quickly. 

Mini-blossom quilt top

October should be a little more quiet - only one trip planned to our semi-annual quilt retreat. Fall Break follows the retreat, so I may take a few days off and do a short trip with the family - will let you know next time I'm back! 

Hope you had a good September, whether it was busy or quiet! 

Comments

September was a busy one for you, Jennifer! Your WIPs look great as does your mini quilt top. How fun that you were able to squeeze in visits with friends while on your family/work trips.